Okay, so I'm a little late.
But, who cares?
:)


So, Nigeria's Next Top Model is the latest ANTM[America's Next Top Model] spin off. Hmmm...I honestly have mixed feelings about this. First and foremost, I am def. elated that Nigeria/Africa is being recognized for something positive. That is def. a good look; especially since I am Nigerian. But, I honestly must say that I do not think there is a good representation of the "kind" of beauty that comes from Nigeria. These females are alright but I've seen better.[clearing my throat;] Maybe it's just the picture quality and I'm tripping. IDK.
I will be anticipating the shows arrival. It is a testimony that indeed Good things do come out of Africa; and that Black is BEAUTIFUL...In all shades[had to add that!]. "Its about redefining African and Ethnic Beauty."
The Winner Gets:
-Recognition as a Nigerian Top Model
-A feature in Mainstream UK magazines[?]
-The opportunity to be showcased as "The Face of New Nigeria" for the "Heart of Africa" rebranding campaign.
-1000 pounds
-Wardrobe maintenance for a YEAR![ohh, i like that]
-And some other stuff, I don't feel like listing.
As nice as this sounds there are some discrepancies:
Many people feel as though they should rename this show as NNTM instead of making it a spin-off. Basically, Tyra is getting PAID. haha. Another problem is that the show takes place in London instead of Nigeria...hmm okay?? And, some people have a problem with the fact that the show only represents Nigerians; what about he rest of the African Continent??
Well like I said before, I love the concept and it's a good look. I just hope they do not embarrass Nigeria or Africa for that matter.
For more detailed info check:
naijavixen.blogspot.com
bellanija.blogspot.com
New ish from Mrs. Carter.
;)
Bye.
Frances.

No comments:
Post a Comment