Monday, June 2, 2008

Boozilla Baby.

A friend of mine got a chance to attend the Erykah Badu and Roots concert in DC. As she was rambling on about Erykah's wonderful performance and always creative get up. She mentioned a segment of the concert where Erykah told her fans to "love themselves." Simple words that hold alot of meaning. She actually said this, after hearing a bunch of her fans yelling: "I love you Erykah." But, instead of saying I love you too, she said "Love yourself and maybe this world would be a better place."

Word.
I mean alot of people including myself [at times] get so caught up with admiring others we forget to admire ourselves. I mean, no need to be narcissistic but you know...Know Your Self Worth. Very important.
I could go & on & on, but that's not the point. The point is learning to acknowledge oneself before taking the time out to acknowledge or admire another.


"Love yourself, before you love another."-Lucille Ball
It's really that simple && its a helluva start.
Try it :)

An analog girl in a digital world.




Get into this.


Bye.
Frances.

1 comment:

B Harg. said...

wear your crown.
can't nobody love you like you can.
well put.